- Max shot size and loads allowed are 7 1/2 shot and 3 1/4 drams.
- Semi -automatic trap shooters should use a shell catcher.
- Release trigger shooters, do not leave gun where anyone could inadvertently pick it up by mistake. Always notify referee and other shooters when using one.
- Only one shot per target.
- Do not load more than 2 shells at 5-stand and skeet stations 1 through
- 7 or trap doubles. Do not load more than 1 shell at skeet station 8, or trap singles.
- At skeet station 8, face the high house for a single shot. Then face the low house for a single shot (2 shots, 2 targets if perfect round); the center stake is your boundary marker. Do not swing gun past boundary marker.
- A squad should not have more than 5 shooters.
- A squad should move from station to station as a group.
- Skeet shooters not on the shooting station should be ready for their turn and remain behind the station.
- Shooters MUST always be alert to traffic along entrance road and stop shooting until area is clear.
- Skeet shooters MUST always be alert to persons approaching trap houses (a red light should be flashing) on other fields. If either shot or targets are being fired toward those at a trap house. Stop firing until the area is clear (red light should be turned off).
- Never walk directly in front of low house openings on the skeet fields. When picking up fired hulls, walk out and around the path of the target. Be careful not to expose yourself to other fields.
- No hulls are to be picked-up duringa round of skeet or trap.
- Pull cords and other equipment can be damaged. Handle with care.
- It is polite to refill the skeet and trap machines when finished shooting.
Get club manager to assist you the first time.
Reloading Skeet Machine:
- After entering the house, step behind the machine.
- The throwing arm is dangerous and travels counter clockwise from 6:00 back to 3:00, 12:00, 9:00 and 6:00 where it “cocks” again
- Stay behind machine, keep eye protection on.
- Use one finger to depress the toggle switch (control box on wall) down and release. This will throw target (be sure no one is in front
- of low house window), and de-cock machine making it safe. Throwing arm will stop at 9:00 position. Do not lean on throwing arm, it will break.
- Enter trap house if machine has about two targets or less per sleeve.
- Get club manager assistance to learn the proper way to load an empty machine. Otherwise, carefully load 10 target sleeves to top of each. Do not rotate carousel, reach around to each of 10 sleeves. Once in a sleeve, do not let targets slide down on their own, they will break.
- Turn machine on. (Toggle Switch Up)
Reloading trap machine.
- Turn on red flashing light located under the shelter so as to alert skeet shooters on adjacent fields before approaching the trap house.
- Approach from left rear side of trap house to left front corner. Make sure skeet and skeet shooters are not firing toward the trap house.
- Do not go to front of machine at this time. Keep eye protection on.
- Reach around corner of trap house. Ise one finger to depress and release inside toggle switch (2nd Switch). This will throw target and de-cock the machine making it safe. Throwing arm will stop at 9:00 position.
- Enter trap house. if machine has about two targets or less per sleeve. Get club manager assistance to learn proper way to load an empty machine. Otherwise, carefully load 16 target sleeves to top of each. Do not rotate carousel, reach around to each of 16 sleeves. Once in a sleeve do not let targets slide down on their own, they will break.
- Exit house and re-cock the machine (2nd toggle switch up). Make sure skeet and skeet shooters are not firing toward trap house).
- Turn off red flashing light.
“Safety is everyone’s business”
Safety glasses and ear protection mandatory in all shooting areas.
8888 East Mohawk Blvd. N.
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74117
Spring/Summer Hours - Daylight Savings Time
9:00 am - 6:00 pm Wed
9:00 am - 6:00 pm; Fri, Sat & Sun
9:00 am - 5:00 pm Wed
9:00 am - 5:00 pm; Fri, Sat & Sun
Copyright 2018 - Tulsa Gun Club
Design - Phame Marketing